Information we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for a GovSpend Account, we ask you for personal information. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other GovSpend services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information. You can use the GovSpend Dashboard to learn more about the information associated with your Account.
- Log information – When you access GovSpend services via a browser our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to GovSpend, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services and develop new services;
- Protect the rights or property of GovSpend or our users.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use. GovSpend processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America.
GovSpend only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of GovSpend in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, © detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of GovSpend, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to GovSpend employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use GovSpend services, you are able to access, add to, update, correct, amend, or delete certain information about you, including Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”), either directly in the respective application or by request to email@example.com. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. if you have questions or concerns about accessing, correcting, or deleting your PII. EU and Swiss data subjects have specific rights to access their PII, and you may contact us at email@example.com with related requests.
If you use our Services outside of the United States, you understand and consent to the transfer of your personal information to, and the collection, processing, and storage of your personal information in, the United States and elsewhere. The laws in the U.S. and these countries regarding personal information may be different than the laws of your state or country.
GovSpend’s Service is not intended for children under the age of 18. Accordingly, we will not knowingly collect or use any PII from children that we know to be under the age of 18. If we become aware of PII in our database that was collected from a child under 18, we will delete such information.
Last modified date: May 21, 2018